I’ve been a bit remiss in publishing an updated sheet. Last week I was sick for much of it and this week I have been playing catchup.
The garden is pretty much done for the year. We’re getting some raspberries, tomatoes, and jalapenos but just enough for ourselves though I may be able to sell a little tomatoes or jalapenos if you’re coming to buy something else.
I do have herbs if anyone is interested. Pricing is flexible. We have thyme, lemon balm, chives, chocolate mint, and peppermint.
- Dried Apple Slices, $20/gallon bag. Just apples, nothing else. I buy quality apples from Barthel’s Fruit Farm, slice them, and dehydrate them. Each bag represents about 10 pounds of apples and a considerable amount of my time. They are a delicious and healthy snack.
- Applesauce, $6/quart canned or $5.50/quart fresh or frozen. The price includes a $1 refundable deposit for glass jars or a $0.50 deposit for the deli freezer containers.
- Vanilla Ginger Bourbon Pear Preserves, $5/half-pint. Diced pears from Barthel’s Fruit Farm with a little bit of sugar, lemon juice, vanilla, bourbon, and ginger. My favorite preserve! Particularly good with oatmeal. Includes $1 deposit for the jar and ring.
- Strawberry-Rhubarb Butter, $5/half-pint. Lightly sweetened, for those who like sweet tart. Includes $1 deposit for the jar and ring.
- Cherry-Rhubarb Butter, $5/half-pint. Lightly sweetened, for those who like sweet tart. Includes $1 deposit for the jar and ring.
- Cinnamon Cherry Butter, $5/half-pint. Includes $1 deposit for the jar and ring.